Yes, a potato.
Potato is an operating system for the Varvara computer, designed to fill the gaps where a host device might not have an underlying file system, like handheld consoles.
The majority of the controls are designed around the d-pad. The pattern used here is the B button to handle all window operations, and reserve the A button for the applications themselves. Files can also be opened with mouse2.
- B+Up expand a window
- B+Down tab a window
- B+Right open a window
- B+Left close a window
From Potato, you can jump into a rom, and return to the OS with f4. The operating system comes bundled with a few basic applications to view various document formats:
- About: A preview of the system's storage.
- Tile: A tile editor, used to modify the system's assets.
- Color: A color slider, used to modify the theme.
- Picture: A picture viewer for graphics in the icn/chr formats.
- Font: A font-viewer for the ufx format.
- Play: A sample player for sounds in the pcm format.
- Text(TBA): A text editor.
- Hexed(TBA): A hexadecimal editor.
- Console(TBA): A cli terminal.
Original illustrations created by Rekka Bellum.
16P02— Potato Uxn Release
incoming roms roms metadata manifest