Notes and links related to the Macintosh II computer.
The Macintosh II computer used the excellent OS7 operating system, supporting great software such as Hypercard, and THINK Pascal.
I am currently using the macintosh ecosystem to illustrate the Neauismetica project.
Interacting with Mini vMac
- Press Control-M to double the size of the Mini vMac window.
- Press Control-F to enter fullscreen.
- Press Control-S to toggle speed.
Importing to the Macintosh
The boot disk has a few utility programs. One of them is ImportFl, which is a special program for use inside of Mini vMac. It will allow you to drag and drop files onto Mini vMac in order to transfer them into the virtual machine. To import a snippet of code into Mini vMac, I use ClipIn.
Exporting from the Macintosh
You should probably save your project files on a dedicated floppy or hard drive disk image, separate from the boot disk image of the computer. Do not try to make backups of your work by exporting the files directly back into your host OS—unless you're running a classic Mac as your host, the resource fork of your classic Mac files will be lost, and your files will be ruined. Instead, use disk images to store your work from within your emulated virtual machine, and create backups of those disk images in your host OS. Read more about the blank disk images here. To export a snippet of code from Mini vMac, I use ClipOut.
Importing images to Hypercard
To import an image from the host operating system into hypercard, I generally use the .zoe file format, to do so, follow these steps:
- Open image in noodle, and export .zoe.
- Select ImportFl in Mini vMac, and drag the .zoe file from the host OS, onto the emulator window.
- Open the imported file, with Zoe Suit.
- Save a macintosh native .pict file, and copy/paste the newly created file into Hypercard.
Found a mistake? Submit an edit to macintosh.
- Hypercard: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HyperCard
- THINK Pascal: http://www.think-pascal.org
- MacPaint: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacPaint
- HexEdit: https://www.gryphel.com/c/sw/progtool/hexedit/index.html
incoming(7): neralie noodle graf3dscene zoe format neauismetica computer pascal
Last update on 20G12, edited 13 times. +42/86fh