A collection of notes on Wisdom.
The end of the cycle is that of the independent, clear-minded, all-seeing Child. That is the level known as wisdom.
To be a philosopher is not merely to have subtle thoughts, but so to love wisdom as to live according to its dictates, a life of simplicity, independence, magnanimity, and trust.
There are two wisdoms: the first inclines to action, the second to inaction.
—Stanislaw Lem, Cyberiada
Ahimsa, or Cause no injury, do no harm, is a Buddhist concept referred to as nonviolence, and it applies to all living beings—including all animals.
Be mindful of impermanence.
Be careful of idleness.
- Control of actions and speech to avoid unwholesome actions.
- Effort to work as much as possible for the good of others, even at the risk of one's life.
- Decision to devote oneself to beneficial actions and to remain steadfast on it.
- Maintaining a state of mind turned to the happiness of others, to practise love for all beings without exception.
- Development of knowledge and understanding through study and analytical reflection. To teach knowledge to others. To use one's wisdom for a maximum of benefits.
- You may compete to the full extent of your capabilities, but you may not hunt down your competitors.
- The creatures who act as though they belong to the world follow the peace-keeping law, they give the creatures around them a chance to grow toward watever it's possible for them to become. That's how man came into being, the australopithecus didn't imaginYou must absolutely and forever relinquish the idea that you know who live and who should die on this planet.
- You must absolutely and forever relinquish the idea that you know who live and who should die on this planet.
Wu Wei means without doing, causing, or making. It flows like water, reflects like a mirror, and responds like an echo.
Many people are afraid of Emptiness,
because it reminds them of Loneliness.
- Establishment of an always perfect tolerance, irrespective of the actions and words of others towards oneself.
- Truthfulness (to say only what is right).
- Rejection of hatred and worship. Not to follow any particular idea. Maintaining the mind in equanimity.
Last update on 18V06, edited 5 times. +31/22fh