A collection of notes on Work.
Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.
- Find your passion and figure out how to get paid for it.
- Do whatever you want to do, but be the best at it.
- Strive for simplicity and competence, but embrace the messiness along the way.
- Under-promise and over-deliver, and own up to your screw-ups.
- Doing what everybody else is doing feels like the safest thing to do, making it the most competitive, and thus the riskiest.
- No one is on their deathbed is wishing they spent more time at work.
- Never stop learning.
- Doing the right tasks is more important than doing your tasks efficiently.
- Write down your goals. Break them down into manageable tasks.
- Tackle one task at a time, and group similar tasks together.
- You're more attentive in the morning, tackle hard stuff then.
- If you can't do it in 8 hours, you can't do it in 10.
- Don't forget to stretch, and drink plenty of water.
- Keep a record of your time use.
- Always look a person in the eye when you talk to them.
- Always stand up to shake someone's hand.
- Be conscious of your body language.
- Ask more than you answer.
- First impressions matter.
- When you walk, look straight ahead, not at your feet.
- Never hit anyone unless they are an immediate threat.
- No matter their job or status, everyone deserves your respect.