A collection of notes on Design.
- Good design makes a product useful.
- Good design makes a product understandable.
- Good design is unobtrusive.
- Good design is honest.
- Good design is long-lasting.
- Good design is thorough down to the last detail.
- Good design is environmentally friendly.
- Good design is as little design as possible.
- The mind perceives objects as being symmetrical and forming around a center point.
- The mind perceives objects that are near, or proximate to each other, to be grouped together.
- The mind can only keep 7 (plus or minus 2) items in their working memory, on average.
- The mind has a propensity to best remember the first and last items in a series.
- The mind remembers uncompleted or interrupted tasks better than completed tasks.
- The mind will perceive and interpret ambiguous or complex images as the simplest form possible.
- The time it takes to make a decision increases with the number and complexity of choices.
- The time to acquire a target is a function of the distance to and size of the target.